Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tirana Day 1

My first day about the town and I can tell you I am tired and feel unsteady. I walk to Main square to sit in the park a few moments to read my map and just observe people.  I stop to visit a lovely Mosque. After taking my shoes off, I walk into the smallish building to see a beautiful painted ceiling.  After a few moments of reflection, I head over to the new museum of Tirana.  The museum is laid out well with signs also in English which makes it much easier to enjoy the artifacts.
It is a warm day and I am not hungry and still a little tired. I walk back to the hotel for a fine fish lunch of Carp or that is what I thought he said, no matter is was great.
One of the interesting things I found walking was the lack of lights crossing the street. You stepped off the curb and cars stopped. I knew I was not in NYC any longer.
The below 2 photos are of the painted ceiling in the Mosque. Then their Museum.

The Museum



No comments:

Post a Comment